For more than 20 years, TERNA ENERGY plays a leading role in clean energy production while carrying out innovative projects for the environment, which contribute to sustainable development.
With a strong portfolio of projects in Greece and abroad, TERNA ENERGY is the largest investor in the RES sector in Greece and the biggest Greek company in the sector worldwide.
TERNA ENERGY continues its dynamic growth with an investment program evolving at an intensive pace and a goal of 6 GW of RES plants until 2029.
TERNA ENERGY is committed to sustainable development and the priority that green energy has in achieving a sustainable world. We consider that energy is the key driver for the development of our society and we are committed in building a sustainable energy future for the world by increasing the use of Renewable Energy Sources.
TERNA ENERGY aims to establishing a competitive position in the RES projects’ chain, from development to energy production, building a strong position in a portfolio of technologies, with a strong presence in Greece and abroad.
The company’s priorities are the following:
- To significantly expand the installed capacity.
- Further strengthening its leadership position in Greece and expanding its international presence.
- Holding a diversified portfolio of technologies, maintaing a strong position in wind and expanding in solar, hydro and biomass.
- Exploiting the GROUP’s competencies in the RES value chain by gaining experience in areas such as sub-marine energy transmission cable laying, pumped energy storage and batteries.
In the uninhabited islet “Aghios Georgios”, located 11 N.M. from Attica, operates the first
onshore wind park with off shore wind park characteristics, exploiting the high wind
potential of the Aegean Sea.
The wind farm is an autonomous electricity production unit, that is connected to the
National Transmission System via an on site new substation (20/150kv) and through a
submarine cable connecting it to the mainland.
- Total capacity: 73.2 MW
- 150 million euro investment
- One of the largest investments in electricity production from RES
- The most innovative one incorporating a submarine connection between the
island and the continental system.
- The annual produced electricity covers the energy needs of over 40,000
- Contributes to the annual savings of over 60,000 tons of oil and the reduction of
over 180,000 tons of emissions