HELLENIC SEAWAYS is an ATTICA GROUP member, which operates in passenger shipping through the companies SUPERFAST FERRIES, BLUE STAR FERRIES and AFRICA MOROCCO LINKS (AML) with a total of 30 ships that offer modern, high quality transport services in Greece and abroad. The ships of its fleet travel to 4 countries, to 59 unique destinations, approaching 71 ports. Attica Group is a member of the Marfin Investment Group (MIG) with a majority stake in leading companies.
The goal of HELLENIC SEAWAYS is to offer its passengers innovative services, high quality service, luxury and comfort, thus turning the “journey” into a unique experience.
With more than 18 years of presence in the Greek passenger shipping, HELLENIC SEAWAYS has a fleet of 17 conventional and high-speed ships and approaches over 36 destinations in island and mainland Greece, offering its passengers comprehensive tourist services at sea.
HELLENIC SEAWAYS is distinguished for its friendly and excellent customer service, comfort and luxury in the hotel-type infrastructure of its ships, the quality of food and beverages served in the ships’ cafes and restaurants and the cleanliness of the restaurants, hygiene and deck.
HELLENIC SEAWAYS vision, for every sector that operates, is to always be at the forefront of the industry, offering high quality maritime transport services, combined with the protection of the marine environment.
The people who work at HELLENIC SEAWAYS share a common code of professional conduct that makes the company stand out.
At the core of this corporate culture and the code of professional ethics that binds all HELLENIC SEAWAYS employees, are its values. These are the driving force of the collective effort and make the company’s vision a reality:
- Professional Excellence
- High morale
- Responsibility for passengers and the environment
- Correct and friendly service
- Immediate response
The strategic goals of the company include:
- Continuous upgrade of the services offered to the passengers
- Continuous improvement of know-how in maritime transport
Environmental and Energy Policy & Quality Policy
HELLENIC SEAWAYS develops a system of Quality and Environmental & Energy Management according to ISO 9001: 2008, 14001: 2004 & 50001: 2011. The policy in detail is here.
The assets of HELLENIC SEAWAYS have a plethora of distinctions and honorary awards that make its people proud of the company’s progress so far, while at the same time the bar is set even higher, having continuous improvement and development as a primary driver of its operation.
- In 2016 the Smart Ticket / Web Check-in of HELLENIC SEAWAYS, was awarded with SILVER at the Tourism Awards in the category Innovative concept, product, operating model or service / Start-up.
- In 2014, HELLENIC SEAWAYS was awarded as the Best Shipping Company of the Year at the Greek Shipping Awards 2014, awarded by Lloyd’s List, based on the excellent performance and innovative services it offers to the passenger public.
- In 2009, the company was named a Top Domestic Shipping Company in the Audience Awards organized by the internationally recognized travel magazine Condé Nast Traveler.
- In 2007, HELLENIC SEAWAYS won the Distinguished Top Name of the Greek Market for the year 2007 in the “SUPERBRANDS” competition. In the same year, it was honored with the Tourism Business Award 2007 for its decisive role in the upgrade and further development of Greek coastal shipping and maritime transport in the wider island area, with the award “Best Company of the Year 2007 for Passenger Shipping” in the context of of the shipping awards “Lloyd’s List Greek Shipping Awards 2007” and with the award “Best Ship of the Year 2007” awarded to the newly built ISLAND CHIOS, passenger – vehicle ferry (E / G – O / G) which was built entirely in Greece.
- In 2006, the same award for Best Ship of the Year 2006 was given to the newly created MYKONOS ISLAND, E / G – O / G at the institution “Lloyd’s List Greek Shipping Awards 2006”.
HELLENIC SEAWAYS has a recognized ecological function, since two of its ships, the ISLAND OF CHIOS (2008) and the ISLAND OF MYKONOS (2006) obtained a Certificate of Environmental Protection “Green Star” from the Italian Classification Society RINA.